JIRA Workflow i can't move my issues to inprogress or done

shwetha May 16, 2019

i am working on workflow for my project i add status and transition correctly bu i am not able to move my issues to TO DO to IN PROGRESS and anywhere

2 answers

3 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2019

from the WF it does show you have Open to IP and IP to Done. If you are trying to move an issue from say Open to IP and it is failing then the next place to look is the conditions. Can you please check the Conditions on the "OpenToInProgress" transition?

Editorial:

BTW, you might consider simplifying the WF where you simply have an "All" transition to each of the three statuses unless you indeed need some special conditions/post functions/validations for different transitions.

Your transition names are rather cryptic as well IMO. I generally use 'action' words for transition, e.g. "Start Progress" instead of OpenToInProgress, "Complete" instead of InProgressToDone, "Reopen" instead of DoneToInprogress. The reason for this is that the transitions are the buttons that users click to transition which generally reflects the action.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2019

It sounds like you didn't add the status or transitions correctly. We need a screenshot or more information to help. 

shwetha May 17, 2019

spint screen.JPGworkflow.JPG

Suggest an answer