JIRA Software server Introduction message don't show wiki

Troyan June 4, 2019

JIRA Software server Introduction message don't show wiki.

In setting wiki work fine. But the system dashbord show simple text. Why?9b11e1bdd16e112db228b8b4735d019d

b049965e71fdf42b8bcc39462e10eb43

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2019

Hi Troyan,

I understand that you are trying to customize the introduction gadget that exists on a dashboard in Jira Server.   However this specific location is not intended to use wiki mark-up for formatting that text.

When you edit this in the System -> General Configuration, that introduction section mentions this uses HTML instead of wiki markup:

A short introduction message displayed on the dashboard.
You can include HTML, make sure to close all your tags.

This is also explained in the Configuration Jira application options documentation

Your screenshot looks different than mine.  In my configuration, I don't see the option to preview my text on the system setting page.  Instead I can only enter it there, and update.  Then I have to return to the dashboard to see my formatted content.

Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 11.55.54 AM.png

I am not sure why your site is showing that preview option.  My Jira 8.1.0 test site doesn't do that here.  Perhaps it's your version of Jira or the combination of the language pack you might currently have set for Jira.  I am interested to learn more about your environment so that I can better understand this problem.

I also hope this helps to clarify the expected functionality here.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2020

Upon further review, this is a bug. We're tracking it over in JRASERVER-67422.  The current work-around is the same suggestion I made above, to use HTML formatting here instead.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Andy

Suggest an answer