JIRA Service Desk - Public Cannot Login or Reset Passwords

Matt March 24, 2019

Hi. I'm running JIRA Service Desk (JIRA V7.3.6 with Service Desk V3.5.0) and there is a very strange bug with the system. If I go to 'Applications' -> 'JIRA Service Desk Configuration' -> 'Public signup' and enable 'Yes, project administrators can allow anyone to email the service desk or raise a request in the portal', the public can sign up fine and everything works as it should.

However, if I leave JIRA Service Desk running with this setting for about 5 or 10 minutes (it varies though) the 'Sign up for an account' links and even the 'Forgot your password?' links stop working. I literally click on them and they do nothing.

The URL it goes to is "servicedesk/customer/user/signup", but it does not load. There's no error screen or anything.

Any help is appreciated. Like I said however, this does work when I re-toggle the 'Yes, project administrators can allow anyone to email the service desk or raise a request in the portal' button in the 'JIRA Service Desk' -> 'Configuration' options screen from the admin panel, but it will only work for the public for maybe 5 or 10 minutes.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Matt March 25, 2019

I upgraded to JIRA V8.0.2 and Service Desk V4.02 and it still does the same thing. Could this be because there isn't enough memory on the server? Windows says it's at 98% RAM usage so there's only about 200 MB left (which would be system reserved anyway so JIRA can't touch it). I find it very odd though that it can't load that particular page though and everything else works fine.

EDIT 1: Okay, I found out that if I right click on the URL and go "Open in Private Browser", it loads. Could this be a cookie or cache issue?

EDIT 2: Right, seems like it's a Firefox browser issue. I tried it on Chrome for iOS from a different IP (via 4G Mobile Data) and I used Opera from my same IP address where Firefox was failing and it loads fine. Can we get an Atlassian member to confirm this might be a CSS markup or HTML code issue in Firefox??

Suggest an answer