JIRA Server : Export more than 1000 records to the csv file

shrikant.anantwar April 11, 2019

In our project, we are currently using JIRA Server. When I try to export more than 1000 defects to a csv file, it throws an exception.

Can this limit be increased through any configuration file or is there any other alternative?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Charly [DEISER]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2019
shrikant.anantwar April 11, 2019

Thank you for your reply, @Charly [DEISER] .

In the suggested link, I do find a way to create a configuration property to increase the limit. But there is also a warning mentioned as below.

"Retrieving more than 1000 issues at once may result in an OutOfMemoryException for large result sets. This can cause database corruption or an application crash."

In this case, is it safe to go ahead with the configuration change? We do not want an application outage or data loss because of this change. Is there an alternative way which is also safe?

Please let me know. Thanks.

Charly [DEISER]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2019

Hi @shrikant.anantwar 

This warning is important because it's related to your resources, ie: you have 2gb jvm memory setting and try to export 50.000 tickets with 300 custom fields, etc, this means you will probably get an OutOfMemoryException.

You just need to be careful and test in a safe environment to know your resources limitation.

Regards

Suggest an answer