JIRA: Restricting the original estimate field once it is set by a certain project role

Danny Harris Community Champion May 11, 2017

Is it possible to restrict users so they are not able to edit the original estimate. Instead they can edit the remaining estimate and log time against an issue?

Thanks,

Danny

1 answer

0 vote

No, JIRA does not have "field level security" that would allow you to prevent specific fields from changing. 

Danny Harris Community Champion May 12, 2017

Hi Nic,

That is a shame. Would have been good to have the original estimate uneditable once a sprint had started and the remaining estimate was the only field editable during that time. 

I will look for an existing feature request ticket, if there is not one I will create one. 

Thanks,

Danny

Hallo,

did you find any resolutions of this issue? Some add-ons?

Thanks,

Dm

Danny Harris Community Champion Nov 01, 2017

Hi Dmitrii,

Unfortunately not. I have not been able to find a plugin that offers this functionality either. 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 21, 2018 in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

1,239 views 10 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you