JIRA Rest API authentication returns 401 for only this user with correct API token

patrick.durasiewicz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 23, 2020

We are running a tool that needs to authenticate to Jira Rest API.

We use Basic Authentication with Base64 encoded "username:api_token". It works for all users except one. 

We have tried to use as a username her email adress as displayed in Jira as well as the part before the @. These did not work.

She just generated a fresh API token for us to try. 

A request to https://apploft.jira.com/rest/api/2/myself via Postman returns for (only her) credentials 401 - Client must be authenticated to access this resource. 

Does anyone have any idea left?

1 answer

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 25, 2020

@patrick.durasiewicz 

Basic troubleshooting questions, just to make sure that you covered all of them:

• Did you compare the user's access, groups, permissions to someone's who is not facing this issue?
  • Did you try the api call from different browsers?
  • Can someone log from their computer and try the user's credentials to see if it will work?
  • Did the user had this working before? If yes what change was made in between to her account?

Best,

Fadoua

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events