JIRA Integration with Google Forms or Free JIRA Intake Form

Surya Addala August 2, 2021

Hello,

I got stuck in terms of automating the task of JIRA ticket creation from submissions that I received from google forms. Hope someone can help me solve this. I have provided a detailed description of my use case below:

My team receives a lot of ad-hoc requests through email and slack. Over the time, it got very hard for my team to make sure tickets are created for every incoming request. To solve for this, I created a google form to intake requests and used Zapier to automate the ticket creation in JIRA. But it seems that Zapier is not PCI complaint and I cannot use this going ahead. 

I was hoping someone can help me with this situation and suggest any methods to automate the JIRA ticket creation using any type of intake forms. And if someone already tried using a script to create tickets from a google form submission, it would be really helpful if you can share the same.

Also does JIRA already have an intake form that I can share with all the teams so that they can submit their requests through that and the ticket creation process in JIRA is run on the background every time a new request is submitted?

I'm sure many of you would have faced this and would have already solved this so any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2021

Hi Surya,

Does it have to be Google forms? Jira service management would let you set up your own forms and manage requests that way. Jira Work Management has basic forms you can use.

You could use a Rest API but that would be quite a substantial project to build your own integration.

Surya Addala August 3, 2021

Hi Stuart,

I really appreciate you responding on this.

Doesn't have to be a google form but I'm looking for a solution which doesn't go through additional cost factor. Does JIRA service management come as an add on with the JIRA software cloud service?

Like Amanda Franks likes this

Suggest an answer