JIRA Google authentication can't login after old phone lost

Keddy Tsoi May 27, 2020

NOT able to  disable 2FA element in my account.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2020

Hi Keddy,

If I understand correctly, you are not able to disable the two factor authentication option of your Google account.  This account could certainly be one way in which you could login to your Atlassian Cloud site or our https://id.atlassian.com site.

However to the best of my knowledge, whether or not that account is using 2FA is not a setting we can control within our Atlassian Cloud products at this time.  That setting is managed within Google's own sites.  There is a help page about using 2FA over in https://www.google.com/landing/2step/help.html Perhaps this could help you to login via a backup code or a backup device.

Please let me know if this helps.  I would be interested to better understand the problem you see here in order to help here if we can.

Thanks,

Andy

Keddy Tsoi June 16, 2020

Dear Andy,

Thanks for your reply! And sorry for my belated response! I am not talking about to disable Google 2FA, I am talking about to disable JIRA 2FA feature. It prompts error all the time, kindly check below, this problems exists for so many days and keep annoying project team, kindly help! A thousand thanks!!!

JIRA 2FA Error.JPG

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2020

Hi Keddy,

Thanks for explaining.  I can see that your email account domain has been claimed.  This means that someone from your domain has setup accounts using that email domain to use our Atlassian Access product. 

This tool provides a means for your admin to manage these accounts in a uniform manner.  It is possible that the admin of that account has enforced a 2-step verification policy as described in Enforced two-step verification.

I can't say for sure that this is being applied from Access because I don't have insights into that product from this post, but I suspect that is the case here.  What I would recommend would be for you to reach out to your Access admin and ask them to exclude your account from this 2 step verification process.  The link above has steps that they can follow to do this.

Try this and let me know the results.

Andy

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events