JIRA DC Nodes and Database

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2019

I have two nodes - node1 and node2, and I have installed a database mysql.

I have installed JIRA Software DC in node 1 and node 2 separately.

Now I am about to configure DB - I configure it on node1 connecting to the db with a schema and password i created in the db.

Do I again do the same for node2 as well ?

Or am I doing it wrong ? 

Do i just copy files from node1 and place it in node 2 without actually configuring the db for node2 ?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2019

Hi @Vickey Palzor Lepcha , 

there's a specific procedure to follow to get your datacenter nodes up and running.

You can find the documentation here. But there's a lot of work to do before the Jira installation on your technical infrastructure (load balancer, shared storage, ...), so be sure to read all the prerequisites first.

Let me know if you have any questions, 

--Alexis 

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2019

Thank you Alex - I am working on all of them side by side. But I wanted to get the nodes ready before working on LB.

I am ready with nginx on another server of mine and a NFS Server as well - but I want to get the nodes ready first .

So do I configure node1 with database and for node 2 - do I just copy all installation folders to node2 server without actually installing jira there and connecting it to DB ?

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2019

Hi, 

you would basically setup node1 as you would for a normal instance, then you just need to copy the installation directory from the 1st node to the 2nd node. You'll only need to update the cluster.properties configuration file to match your node name.

Like Vickey Palzor Lepcha likes this
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 4, 2019

And that is what I thought Alexis - thank you very much.

I have created my database on AWS RDS and two nodes on two different RHEL on AWS again.

I am trying to test connection with DB - somehow it says restricted. I am trying to resolve that - I'll see what's wrong and update you

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2019

Hey - Ive resolved my issue , thanks.

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2019

Hi @Vickey Palzor Lepcha , 

good to know that your issue is now fixed ! Do you mind marking this as "Answer Accepted" so that others can see this is Resolved ?

Thanks,

--Alexis

Suggest an answer