JIRA Cloud lozenge colors went wrong.

Serly Dániel April 25, 2023

Hi!

We are using JIRA lozenges, through the JIRA.Template.Util.Issue.Status.issueStatus function.

Until the last week, this was worked ok. But now, it seems to us, that the generated class id-s does not affect the css styles correctly.

See this (generated) status badge:

<span class=" jira-issue-status-lozenge aui-lozenge jira-issue-status-lozenge-blue-gray jira-issue-status-lozenge-new jira-issue-status-lozenge-max-width-medium" data-tooltip="<span class=&quot;jira-issue-status-tooltip-title&quot;>Validated</span>" style="background-color: dimgray; color: white; border-color: dimgray;">Validated</span>

This does not do, what it did before: Now, the background color is not blue gray. It does not affect the background color at all.

Of course, we can fix it locally, with css, but, maybe, this is a BUG in Jira side. Maybe, is it in relation with https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-63150?

Thank you for your help

1 answer

0 votes
Serly Dániel April 26, 2023

I am sorrry, this span tag is a little bit confusing. So let me clarifying it.

If we just use the output of the mentioned issueStatus function, what is this:

<span class=" jira-issue-status-lozenge aui-lozenge jira-issue-status-lozenge-blue-gray jira-issue-status-lozenge-new jira-issue-status-lozenge-max-width-medium" data-tooltip="<span class=&quot;jira-issue-status-tooltip-title&quot;>Validated</span>">Validated</span>

This does not do the necessary formatting. But it has to, I think. I mean: formerly, this jira-issue-status-lozenge-blue-gray tag was enough for the formatting: background color becomes blue-gray (or gray, whatever in the referring CSS), and foreground color white-ish. Now this classtag does nothing.

Of course, if I add style="background-color: dimgray; color: white; border-color: dimgray;" or something similar, this fixes the issue - but, this is not the intended usage. It has to work without any css magic.

Thanks for understanding, best regards, Daniel Serly

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events