JIRA Automation not sending email on successful execution of Automation

Kinjal Patel May 15, 2020

Hello,

I have added a very simple JIRA Allocation rule to send an email notification when issue is transitioned. As per the Audit log, the Automation is successful and email is sent but I never received it in my inbox.

Surprisingly, it workes perfectly with 1 of the issue but for majority issues, it just doesn't send the final email on successful automation.

I am not sure how i would troubleshoot this. does anyone have experience with this?

2 answers

1 vote
Daria H_ August 28, 2020

Hi @Kinjal Patel !

I solved this problem living "From name" field as it is rather than using the custom name "Send email>More options".

Hope it will help you.

Kinjal Patel August 28, 2020

Thanks for the response

Florian March 16, 2021

Hello everybody,

did @Daria H_ solution work?

I still have the same problem. The mails are not sent.

Update:

It works now!

Thanks and greetings.

Florian

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Kinjal Patel May 15, 2020

Following up on this. Need help to complete something ASAP

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2020

Hi Kinjal - So it works with at least one issue, so you know the email address is good and you get the email. Correct?

But other issues it says the exact same thing in the Audit Log that it was successful and the email was sent. Correct?

I have no idea why that would not send the email. You should open a support ticket with Atlassian here:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Kinjal Patel August 28, 2020

Thanks for the feedback. 

Like John Funk likes this
dave symonds December 18, 2021

Got the same issue - wont even send if select reporter or type a specific email.  Get notification emails fine - just the send email condition doesnt send although it says it has

Like Matt Guffey likes this

Suggest an answer