• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JIRA Automation : Create Sprint trigger

Im trying to get an interruption ticket to generate whenever a sprint is started (and some  sub tickets underneath).

I select "Sprint Started" as the trigger, and then the appropriate board for the team, (Badassodors)  but when run, I got an error:

Sprint does not belong to the required board. HCPSprint 2021.03.12

which isnt related to the team/board I selected.

So I added a regex specific to the board/sprint I want, ( XPP (\d{2}.\d{2}.(\d{1}|\d{2})) - .* ) and this last time, I got an error:

Sprint did not match the supplied regular expression.2021.02.26_ACM

where ACM is a totally different team.

I notice that the 3 different Sprint interruption tickets (for 3 different teams) that I setup, I  would get the 1st error above (the other 2 I havent setup regex yet), but always had a random other team/sprint in the error.

What am I missing to specify each team/sprint/board?
Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
frother Atlassian Team Mar 03, 2021

Hi Jim,

Thanks for getting in contact.

Do you share sprints across multiple boards? I believe there is a bug around this (AUT-2070). 

I have linked this article to the ticket which effectively acts as a vote for getting it fixed.

Cheers,
Scott.

AFAIK each team has its own board and sprints. Im on 2 teams personally (the main CloudOps Pod and the 1 product Pod that I am the S.E. for) and each uses its own board and sprints.
It almost feels like the automation is seeing any sprint starting and trying to run my rule against it. But then when we start the sprint for the team/board I have assigned to the rule, it doesnt work either.
lx-board.pngpmcp-board.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Bitbucket Smart Commits vs. Genius Commits - What's the difference?

If you already heard about Smart Commits in Bitbucket, know that you just stumbled upon something even better (and smarter!): Genius Commits by Better DevOps Automation for Jira Data Center (+ Server...

106 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you