JIRA Agile importing from .csv

Evan Arko July 1, 2014

I am attempting to upload a .csv onto JIRA. Each row on the excel sheet is ment to be an Issue on JIRA. When I import the list, the majority go through but some get an error. The specific part that is not importing correctly is my subject from excel should be imported as the "summary" portion of an Issue. the issue type number that I get for each of these is 10003. What does this number mean? If I knew this I could figure out the error and attempt to fix it and continue a succesful upload.

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Hapantantrig Perera August 4, 2014

I have installed JIRA V6.2.7. I have issues in an Excell sheet with Summary, SubID, Assignee.. How can I import these issues in the excel spreadsheet into JIRA?

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2014

Evan,

Go to issue types from Admin screen and mouse over to each issue type and see the link below the browser to see if there is an issue type with that ID. That is probably the issue type id.

Evan Arko July 3, 2014

Mehmet,

I didn't find any Issue ID's with numbers like the 10003 I am looking for. I'm not so sure that what I am looking for is in the Admin page. I'm looking for what the 10003 means on my import error so I can fix it.

Suggest an answer