JIRA Agile BUG Please Help!: Jira agile addon create broken issue type and can not be deleted

pupie September 24, 2015

Hi, I just encountered an issues from JIRA agile, it creates duplicate broken issues type which can not be deleted after creating a scrum project.

Environment:

CentOS 7.1, MySQL 5.6.26,  bash lcoale is set to:  LC_ALL="zh_CN.UTF-8"

JIRA:v6.4.11, JIRA:6.7.11

Repeat Steps:

1. Install JIRA and JIRA Agile addon.
  2. Install JIRA S-Chinese language pack and change JIRA system language to S-Chinese, so that JIRA UI will turn to S-Chinese.
  3. Login as admin(the account created during installation), and change its preferred language to English from the user profile setting.
  4. Create and Scrum project from JIRA and goto JIRA issue type page.

Results:

1. its create issue type "任务" under english locale which is equivalent to “Task” in English
  2.  缺陷 = bug
  3. 子任务= Sub-task
  4. they are all broken issue type that when clicking delete links JIRA reported:

please refer this screenshot

Delete Issue Type: {0}

Confirm that you want to delete this issue type, and specify what is to be done with the issues currently attached to it.

Note: This issue type will be removed from all field configuration, issue type screen and workflow schemes.

There are currently matching issues, that must be changed to another issue type.

this issue is reproduced in a brand new installation of JIRA, so that no issue had been created in the system, no issue had been assigned to any issue type.

and errors can be seen in JIRA log file:

2015-09-25 15:56:44,753 http-bio-8080-exec-22 ERROR admin 956x4275x1 1unn2o6 10.26.30.29 /secure/admin/DeleteIssueType!default.jspa [webwork.util.ValueStack] query="matchingIssues/empty" {[id="matchingIssues" type="8" values=""]} {[id="empty" type="8" values=""]}
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor921.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMet

Expected Results:

I expected that JIra Agile will create issue type in English irrespective of users/system's locale, so that users will provide translation under different language (from that translate link)

and

Please tell me how can i delete this ignoring broken issue type?

thanks

5 answers

0 votes
Pilar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2015

Can you try to do a re-index and see if that fixes your problem.

Also run integrity checker to fix any database integrity issues.

I would do these first before looking for other causes.

Pilar

0 votes
pupie October 11, 2015

I have provide more details from the support ticket https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/22/JSP-249726 but i don't think he really get my point about this behavior.

0 votes
pupie October 11, 2015

No, If jira default language(from system setting )is English, it won't create new issue type, resolution when creating scrum project. JIRA Agile only creates them with S-Chinese names if default language from jira system setting is set to Chinese.

0 votes
Chung Park Chan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2015

Hi there, does the behaviour persists if you are using English language in your instance?

Suggest an answer