JIRA AUTOMATION - Link an issue to the trigger issue (but its more complicated than that!)

Darren.Fairweather April 4, 2023

I have project A and Project B.

When a ticket in project A is transitioned to a specific state i would like an issue created in Project B and then this issue issuelinked to the very first trigger issue in Project A.

This sounds simple but putting an "issue links action" after the create action only tries to link the newly created issue in Project B to itself. I did also try "additional fields" JSON but alas this did not work either.

Any help greatly received :)

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Darren.Fairweather April 4, 2023

Thanks for taking the time Walter - I Actually fixed it seconds after i posted putting JSON in the "Create New Issue" Action.

Screenshot 2023-04-04 at 14.04.34.pngScreenshot 2023-04-04 at 14.04.43.png

2 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2023

Hi @Darren.Fairweather and welcome to the Community!

Before creating the link, add a branch to your automation rule to ensure that you are creating a link from the newly created issue to the trigger issue. Your rule would look somewhat like this:

Screenshot 2023-04-04 at 14.56.31.png

Also, make sure that the rule's scope is set to at least both projects involved (Project A and Project B).

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events