Iterate through all attachments of issue - Jira Cloud Automation

James Paniagua August 11, 2022

I have a requirement to audit all attachments and their size for each issue in a particular project (this is in Jira Cloud). Based on this page: Jira smart values - issues | Cloud automation Cloud | Atlassian Support

....it's possible for me to use the smart values such as {{attachment.first.size}} and {{attachment.last.size}} but how do I access the values in between incase of an attachment list longer than 2? I initially tried using the Advanced branching with the smart value {{attachment}}, which pulls the entire list of attachments,. In troubleshooting, I've setup a rule, which should iterate through all of the attachments, but this does not work for attachment size - it only shows one value, for an issue that has 67 attachments. Has anyone else encountered this?

automation1.png

automation2.png

1 answer

0 votes
Sam Harding
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2022

Hi @James Paniagua ,

Looking at the rule you have set up there, it seems that you are branching on `{{attachment}}`, and creating a variable `{{AttachmentItem}}` for your branches. However, the log action is referencing the original `{{attachment}}` and not the `{{AttachmentItem}}`. Can you try changing the actions in the branch to use `{{AttachmentItem.size}}` etc and see if it reflects the correct data?

Cheers
Sam

Suggest an answer