It's possiblie to vinculate 2 cards (Issues)?

Henrique Freitas March 15, 2021

Hello Team, 

I have the same card or issue in 2 diferents boards, but they have the same status and must be refreshed together. 
It's possible to vinculate the both cards (issues)? This way, the second card (issue) will be refreshed automaticaly when i refresh the other.

Thanks 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2021

Hi Henrique - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Do you physically have one card (the same key) that shows on two boards?

Or do you have two different cards that are copies of each other (they have two different keys) and show on two boards.  And if so, why do you have that and not just one card?

If you have the first scenario - then if you update the card, it updates automatically in both boards. 

If they are really two different cards, then you need to link them somehow if not already. Then you are use Automation For Jira to transition one card when the other card is transitioned. 

Hello John, thanks! 

It's possible to have one card (the same key) in two different boards? 
How can I do this? 

I think this will solve my problem because is the same information in two diferent places. 

tks, 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2021

Hello @Henrique Freitas 

Are you working with Classic projects or Next Gen projects?

Hello Trudy! 

Next Gen Projects 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 15, 2021

Ah, the dreaded Next-gen board haha. Sorry, no it is not possible to do that with Next-gen projects, but you can with Classic Software projects. 

I am not sure that you will be able to do what you want right now in Next-gen as I am not sure of anyway you can link the cards. 

You could actually hardcode the key for the card in the automation for Jira rule if you don't need to do this on a widescale basis, but other than that, it is going to be unmanageable. 

This Next-Gen board it's complicated... haha 

But thanks so much John, I will try the automation for Jira rule, and see if this situation is feasible. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events