It is not possible to create a bug in Greenhopper "Work" view in the active Sprint

Ana Henneberke November 1, 2012

Hi!

I am trying to rollout JIRA within my organisation but there is an issue which is setting the QA group off. I do now want to give QA the permission to schedule stories. However when QA created Bugs these are placed on the backlog and not in the active Sprint. I have tried to add the field Sprint into the create screen but that only works with ids wich is too difficult for the users to understand.

2 answers

0 votes
Annicka Rosengren November 4, 2012

Have a task within the sprint where QA that QA can create sub-tasks on. Sub-task can be created in work mode and they will be directly included in sprint.

Ana Henneberke November 4, 2012

That is not ideal because I want to track bugs. See my comment above. Thank you!

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2012

Hey there, Ana.

By default, how GreenHopper works is that when issues are created, they will be placed inside the backlogs. Besides that, you schedule sprints and include the issues inside it. An alternative to this is perhaps you can ask the QA group to move it into an Active Sprint after they have created the issue.

If I am not getting the right idea, please do explain and elaborate further.

Warm regards,

Danial

Ana Henneberke November 4, 2012

One thing is adding stories another is adding bugs. QA must e able
to add bugs to the active sprint. It's too much friction having them go to the backlog and dragging the bugs into the sprint. I have tried the workaround of the sprint id, but even then the bugs end up on the backlog. It is not enough to simply flag an issue as impeded. We wants track how many bugs are raised against stories and within a sprint so it must be possible to creat bugs in the active sprint just like it was in the classic board and I really don't want to go back and use the classic board. I think the design is wrong.

Thank you

Suggest an answer