Issues moved from backlog to sprint return to backlog after page refresh

Hi,
In our jira server, we use scrum. We are not able to move some issues to any sprint. When we move issue from backlog to sprint X, it seems everything is ok. But after page refreshing or opening backlog view on another browser, we see that it is still in backlog. When we open issue in detail, we can see its sprint field is filled by true sprint but in backlog view it is still seem in backlog. 

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

screen-record.gif

2 answers

1 accepted

1 votes

Hello Mergen,

Could you let us know what version of Jira Software you're running? It seems like it might be related to this bug:

However, this should have been fixed in 7.2.7, so please confirm your version.

Thank you!

Regards

Shannon

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have searched but not found that bug report before ask question, sorry for that.

As you said, I checked the version and yes, it is 7.2.1.

After upgraded JIRA to 7.6.1, the problem has resolved.

Best regards.

Thank you for confirming, Mergen!

Take care and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Regards,

Shannon

Hi,

same problem here. But we have realized that bug after updating our Jira from 6.x to 7.6..?

Can you please help us?

Regards

Florian

Hi Florian,

If that is the case, then it may have a different cause. I would recommend replicating the error, and having a look at the Jira Server Logs. See if you notice any errors there about what is occurring.

Regards,

Shannon

Thanks for your quick reply Shannon!

There are no errors in our logfiles. After reloading the "backlog" page the issue moves back from the sprint to the backlog. In the issue detail view, the right sprint is still selected. (same behaviour shown in the screen cast..)

Regards

Florian

There definitely should be something, so that's odd that there's no errors at all.

I'm going to create a support ticket for you so we can have a deeper look at your support zip. Please check your email in a few minutes for that ticket.

Regards,

Shannon

Have we got solution for this Since we are also facing the same issue.

Hi there,

The original bug was fixed in Jira 7.2.7: JSWSERVER-13530

The issue with Florian's case was that the Sprint field has a missing key via a customfield table. It may be that if you're already in Jira 7.2.7 that another field is missing that is expected.

Have you raised a support case for this? The team may be able to help you to determine what is expected, provided you'er already in Jira 7.2.7 or higher.

Regards,

Shannon

Hi Shannon,

We are using Jira 7.2.4 .Could you please suggest how to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Abhilash

Hi Abhilash,

The issue is fixed in 7.2.7 and higher. I would recommend upgrading Jira to at least 7.2.7 or higher.

The Fallback method is the better route in this case.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Regards,

Shannon

Thank you Shannon for reply

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

246 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot