Issues missing from backlog view

David S Witherspoon Jr September 10, 2021

I have a project with two scrum boards. The only difference in the query for the boards is one eliminates issues from 3 epics. The other is just project = xxx order by rank asc. One one board it shows 46 issues in the sprint, the other shows 47. If you click view in issue navigator you get 50 issues. The issues that aren't showing are two different issue types and are in statuses that are mapped in both boards. I can't see any other commonality that would cause them to not show. Anyone ever run into an issue like this??

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2021

Can you show us the filter for each board?

Do you have Quick Filters active?

Do any of the missing issues include a value in the Fix Versions field for a version that has already been Released?

David S Witherspoon Jr September 13, 2021

The filter from the original board is "Project = XXX and "Epic Link" != XXX-423 and "Epic Link" != XXX-456. There are no quick filters. There are fix versions and 2 of the 3 missing tickets are in an Open status which is appropriately mapped to the backlog. None of the 3 are associated to the excluded epics. Makes no sense

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2021

Which board shows 46 issues and which shows 47?

Do any of the issues include sub-tasks?

For this filter

"Project = XXX and "Epic Link" != XXX-423 and "Epic Link" != XXX-456

you will get only issues that DO have an Epic Link value and that value is not one of the specified Epics. It will not include issues that are not linked to an Epic. The difference in your issue counts may be accounted for with  issues that have no Epic Link value.

To include issues that are not linked to an epic modify your filter thus

"Project = XXX and (("Epic Link" != XXX-423 and "Epic Link" != XXX-456) or "Epic Link" is EMPTY)

The discrepancy for when you view the issues in issue navigator may be accounted for by sub-tasks showing in the list. In the scrum board sub-tasks would not be counted.

David S Witherspoon Jr September 15, 2021

Simply overlooked the "Epic Link" is EMPTY part. The team shouldn't even be filtering out year old epics so I moved them to just porject = x and they're good/ Thanks

0 votes
Alex Watson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 26, 2022

For anyone else who stumbles on this, I came across this problem when moving Issues to a new Project. I had unmapped status columns which caused the issue, once I mapped the status columns in the board settings the problem was resolved.

Harun Residbegovic
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 28, 2024

This solved it for me too. Thank you, sir.

Suggest an answer