Issues linked to Epics not showing on Board

Christopher Butler January 13, 2020

I have a problem where JIRA issues are not showing in the Active Sprints board. The issues are showing in the Backlog. When I go to configure the board and look Columns, all the statuses are mapped correctly. When I look at the board filter and edit the Filter Query, all the issues show correctly in the list. The filter is configured to show all stories in PROJECT_A. 

I have identified the cause of the issue is due to Issues being linked to an email in PROJECT_B. When an Issue in PROJECT_A is linked to an Epic in PROJECT_B, the Issue shows in the Backlog, in the Edit Filter Query, but not the Board. As soon as I remove the Epic from the Issue the issue shows on the board. 

Although the Issue is linked to an Epic in another project, the Issue does match the filter for the board, and shows in the backlog. I see an issue here with JIRA not strictly following the filter configuration on an individual story level. If you look at this individual story, it matches all the criteria needed to show inside the Active Sprints. Whatever epic it is linked to shouldn't matter. 

0 answers

Suggest an answer