Jira Admin newbie here.
We have created a new project with 5 issues (s/shot below with 5 issue types).
My problem is twofold;
Your image for the Create Issue dialog is incomplete, I think. I can see the field label for Issue Type, but nothing below that.
1a. Can you show us the Issue Types Scheme associated with the project? This information will show under Project Settings > Summary.
1b. Sub-task will not show up on the Create Issue screen, because a Sub-task can exist only as a child of another issue. You must start on the parent issues screen and select the Create Sub-task option that display directly below the Summary.
2. Which three fields specifically are showing up on the General tab that you want to see only on the Deployment tab? Can you show us the screen configuration for the Deployment tab, as well as images of the create screen that show the General tab and the Deployment tab?
Thanks for the response!
I've done more testing and it looks like ALL company-managed projects are impacted by my mistake. Team managed projects are not impacted/i can create issues there without hitting this required field.
1a. screenshot attached!
1b. you are correct: You will see I have Epics set up.. with the thinking that down the road these will be used.. Interestingly, 'Epic' does not show up in the drop down for Issue Type anymore..
2. Approver 1, Approver 2 and Approver 3. These are required for the Deployment tab. They show up whenever I create an issue across any company managed project (despite the field not being available on other company managed projects.. ) My hunch is i've somehow amended the default screen for company managed projects to include these mandatory field(s)
Hi @Arne Pulle
If the fields are showing up on screens for other projects, you will need to look at the Issue Type Screen Scheme for those projects, drill into the Screen Scheme(s) they include, and look at the Screen(s) included in those Scheme(s) and used for the Create action.
1b. Can you show an image from the Create Issue dialog where you have pulled down the Issue Type field to show what options are listed? I would expect to see Bug Fix, Epic, New Functionality, and Upgrade.
2. Concerning the Approver fields showing up on the General tab for Create Issue in the SDLC project:
- Is it correct to assume the image you posted of the Screen Config > General tab in your earlier response is indeed from the Screen Config for the "SDLC: Kanban Default Issue Screen"?
- Looking at the image from Project Settings > Summary, I see that your Issue Type Screen Scheme includes two Screen Schemes; Kanban Default Screen Scheme and Kanban Bug Screen Scheme. Can you click on each of those and post images?
- Can you post images from the Create Issue dialog for the General tab and the Deployment tab showing the Approver fields displayed?
The default screen scheme for the other company managed projects is the one I created... that i think is why they are showing up there..
1b. You are correct! These are the issues I see.
- Yes. That is correct!
- See attached.. Bug Fix in theory is a different scheme, but I just tested it and the same issue cropped up.. Approver is Required Field despite Approver not even being an option
- see attached: I've taken the screenshot from an older issue card (ie: the proper layout and behaviour.. you will NOT see under general any approvers..)
Focusing on your first question
"1. When I click ‘create issue’, only 3 turn up despite being under the same SDLC Default Issue Type Scheme (Epic and sub task are missing)"
In my last post I said if you pull down the Issue Type field in the Create dialog I would expect you to see Bug Fix, Epic, New Functionality, and Upgrade.
Your last response was "You are correct! These are the issues I see. "
Does that mean you are seeing all 4 of those issue types in the pull-down in the Create dialog? Has your first question (from your original post) now been resolved.
(I'll come back to the second issues of the Approvers fields showing up where you think they should not.)
Jira is a great tool to use across different departments. Forget that paperwork – switch to Jira and get that tasks done smoothly. Marketing Jira allows for a complete digital transformation of you...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events