Issues are not visible in backlog

Maria Dolores Lebrecht November 27, 2012

Hi,

I've created a scrum board and in the plan view I created a bunch of user stories filling the backlog. Ialso created a sprint, where I moved some of this stories. Once I started the sprint, everything was looking perfect.

Today, I was playing arround with Epics (I activated it in greenhopper labs) creating some of them and editing them in the Epic panel.

Now, I cannot see any user storie in the current Sprint or in the backlog. In both the same text are displayed .

"All issues in this sprint are currently filtered"

"All issues in this backlog are currently filtered"

So, I tried to edit the filter for this board, but with no succes. The current filter for this board it's just :

<label style="float: left; display: block; left: -140px; line-height: 1; margin-right: -130px; padding-top: 4px; position: relative; width: 130px; text-align: right; word-wrap: break-word; color: #333333; font-family: arial, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;">Filter Query</label><label style="float: left; display: block; left: -140px; line-height: 1; margin-right: -130px; padding-top: 4px; position: relative; width: 130px; text-align: right; word-wrap: break-word; color: #333333; font-weight: normal;">Filter Query</label>Filter Query : project = CLIENT ORDER BY Rank ASC

If I click on "View in issue navigator" I can see all the issues that are in the sprint or in the backlog, but sitll nothing in the plan view.

Using the "work" view, I can see perfectly all the issues in the current sprint.

If I create a new user story,the story is not shown in the backlog and the following message is displayed :

Your issue CLI-40 has been created but is not currently visible.

Where I should change this visibility configuration?

Thanks.

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2012

Make sure that you have no quick filters selected at the top, you have not selected an epic on the right, and that the project(s) associated with your board is correct. All issues in your filter should reside in those associated projects. When I encountered this, I had accidentally selected an epic on the left.

Maria Dolores Lebrecht December 2, 2012

Thanks Kalynn,

I had an epic selected. Thanks!

Like matt_brown likes this
2 votes
Jaikish Pai October 6, 2020

In most cases the Issue which was created would have a Status (say Backlog) which would be an unmapped status for the Board.

To resolve this simply follow the below Steps

1.  Login as a Jira Admin/Project Admin.
  2. Navigate to the Board Settings.
  3. Select the Columns.
  4. Drag the Un-mapped status to required Column(in this case Backlog -> To Do) 
Yogita Karangula March 30, 2021

This answer worked for me!

Like # people like this
Karim Al Masri May 27, 2021

solved my problem with your answer. thank you 

Like # people like this
Carina Garringer July 1, 2021

Same here! Thanks so much!

Like Jaikish Pai likes this
0 votes
Erik Täck February 12, 2021

Not mentioned before: I somehow had a few issues where the "Project" property was empty, they were still part of the project if used the advanced issue search tool, but not on any kanban/scrum board or the backlog.

Setting the Project property on the issue made it appear in the backlog again.

0 votes
Ra Williams November 14, 2018

In case anyone stumbles on this using filters and nothing above helps, I thought i'd post my own solution:

People should be aware of this small point from Jira's documentation:

"Make sure your board has multiple columns populated, JIRA Software will consider the last column that's filled in as the end column."

Essentially, you need atleast two columns on your board. In our use case, we were trying to create an external board for a vendor to use, and deleted all but one column (since they would't need to care about transitioning things). Everything was properly mapped, but nothing showed up, and the column was marked as "to do" in grey (not green). However, as expected (when you think about it), one column = last column, and in Jira last column = done/removed from backlog. Added a second column with my status in the first and bingo – instant backlog.

It's not intuitive at first that one column marked as "To Do" would still function as last column marked "Done." It's super simple, but very easy to miss if you're not combing over the resolution docs with a fine-toothed comb.

Citation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/issues-are-not-appearing-in-boards-779159013.html

0 votes
Tshepo January 6, 2013

When i click show epic and hide it nothing happens?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2013

Can you explain what the problem is, it's not clear. Also it would be better to post it as another question.

Tshepo January 10, 2013

Dnt worry..i managed to resolve this issue.

Tx

Hirish Takoory January 23, 2015

tshepo mashaba can you please share your solution with me, i am currently encountering the same problem

0 votes
Tshepo January 6, 2013

Hi, this is what i have

Suggest an answer