Issues are not added in sprints while using csv import feature

Abdul Manan December 21, 2020

I am trying to upload issues in bulk using csv import feature but sprint column in my csv is not having any effect even after successful validations and field mapping during upload process. I have created sprints manually on JIRA along with mentioning sprint numbers in a separate csv column but even then all issues go to backlog instead of sprints. Can someone clear this for me?

2 answers

0 votes
Damien Polegato August 17, 2022

I met the same issue.

I created an new project with a custom workflow and imported issues properly mapped to the Sprint I created but they were not showing on the backlog view.

I realized it is because statuses of my custom workflow were not mapped to the board columns. After doing so the issues appeared.

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 21, 2020

This requires site-admin permissions, do you have them?

If you have Jira Cloud Administrative rights you can use the Import Data option for admins to accomplish what you are trying to do above.  Here is the documentation:   https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/import-data-from-a-csv-file/  Make sure that you are navigating to JIRA Administration > System. Under IMPORT & EXPORT > External System Import and choose CSV. 

Abdul Manan December 21, 2020

Yes, I have site-admin permissions. 

Danish Shaikh February 4, 2022

Hi @Abdul Manan

Is your issue resolved. When I try to import Issue within existing sprint, I didn't find sprint name during mapping. What is the way to import Issue within a specific sprint?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events