Issue with automation rule not finding matching issue

Paula Manildi February 13, 2021

We are setting up a rule when, for specific project (HD) and (via JQL) issuetype, 4 additional issues are created, copying the summary and description and linking to the original (trigger) issue. But it fails with these details:

Action details:
JQL condition
The following issues did not match the condition: HD-318 This may be due to any of the following reasons:

the issue didn't match the specified JQL (most likely)
the chosen rule actor doesn't have permissions (or issue security level permissions) to view the issue
the issue was deleted or wasn't indexed by Jira yet (in rare circumstances)
We recommend using the 'Issue fields condition' for more consistent results.

I modified the Actor from automation to an actual user and the error is still happening. What is not correct?

Onboarding Automation.jpghd-323.jpgDid not match.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2021

@Paula Manildi 

Just from what you shared it looks like the issuetype is Change and the Request Type (Customer Request Type)  is Employee onboarding.   So I believe you are correct that your JQL needs to be updated.

Hovering over the issue type only displays the issue type and then what you could do, i.e. change it. The issuetype is "Employee onboarding". jql.jpg

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2021

Paula,

Great, thanks for confirming.  Can you use advanced condition compare with the following and as the trigger and see if that works for you.

support.png

I have changed the rule to use Advanced compare condition and will see if it works. 

UpdatedRule.jpg

Paula Manildi February 15, 2021

I have changed to select Issue Type equals directly, which is what functioning rules use.

UpdatedRule2.jpg

Still waiting for use cases to test.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2021

Did this fix the issue?

Like Paula Manildi likes this
Paula Manildi February 17, 2021

Using ' select Issue Type equals ' solved the issue. Which I should have done at first, since that is what I had done in the first rule I had created. 

It is a little frustrating that 3 ways are presented to do something but only one of them work!

Nikolay Petrov June 2, 2021

Hello,

We are experiencing the same issue when using the JQL. Currently, we use JQL only when we need request-channel-type as a condition or when we have OR for multiple different fields.

Is there a solution or a workaround to this problem because the automation used to work perfectly.

Best wishes,
Nikolay Petrov

Like Dana Gould likes this
Raphi Levine February 27, 2024

I have similar issue where JQL branch automation is not finding the issue.

When I run the JQL in a filter it is returning data.  When I validate in the automation module (after adding the JQL condition, there is a validate link which shows that it found data), however when the automation runs it is not finding any data.

This does seem like a BIG Jira bug.  Any help on this?

Like Sławomir Kubiak likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events