Issue with Transition Conditions in Jira Workflow

Ayush Pathak May 1, 2024

I've encountered an issue while setting up conditions in Jira. Specifically, I've configured conditions for the two outgoing transitions from the 'Waiting for Approval' status: one for 'Approve' and the other for 'Decline'. These transitions should only be executable by users in a specific project role. However, even though I'm part of that project role, I'm still unable to see the 'Approve' or 'Decline' statuses. What could be causing this problem?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2024

Hi @Ayush Pathak , thanks for your question.

I just tested this and for me it works, this workflow here -

image.png

With the same condition here, for the transition from Backlog to Selected for Development (for approved) and for the transition from Backlog to Done (for rejected)

image.png

Before I added myself as an admin to the project, I didn't see the transitions

image.png

After I add myself, I do

image.png

Please check in the condition that you have selected 'any' of the conditions. For example, if you put two roles or two groups and you are only in one of them, that could be blocking. Do you have any validators in place that might be blocking this? Please check this too.

If that isn't the problem, please can you share the workflow? That way, either I or someone else can take a look and offer more advice.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events