Issue when deleting a bulk of issues

Basem Qreieyeh December 31, 2017

Dears,

please note that the following error problem that i have faced when i tried to delete a bulk of issues:

Sorry, we had some technical problems during your last operation.

Log's referral number: 464e2c74-3cf2-4bfb-9ceb-8d64a6091d86

Cause

Referer URL: Unknown

java.lang.NullPointerException
1.png

2 answers

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2018

Hi @Basem Qreieyeh,

Did you open a ticket with support about this? Is the issue solved?

Also, not sure it can help, but a similar stacktrace is found in: https://github.com/everit-org/jira-timetracker-plugin/issues/465 

In there they say the following but I am not sure this has the same cause. Having ticket with support will give us the opportunity to investigate further:

We finally identified the root cause of this error. The issue quantity does matter, but not the number of issues in the query, but generally in the JIRA (or in the affected projects).
We use a different query in the webform and for the filters, but we will fix this in the near future.
Thank you for your report and for your patience!

Basem Qreieyeh April 19, 2018

Thank you for your interest i have setup a new environment,

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2017

There is not enough of the underlying error being shown there to begin to diagnose the problem.

You'll need to read the log(<jira home>/logs/atlassian-jira.log) in full to find out what has gone wrong - it should be easy to find the section you need by searching it for the first couple of lines of the detail error in the screenshot.

Basem Qreieyeh December 31, 2017

i know i have tried to attach the log here but unfortunately i couldn't,

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2017

You just need to read the section before and after that text.  No-one here is likely to read your entire log for you, but we can't begin to guess at what the problem is without seeing all of the error you've posted.

Basem Qreieyeh January 2, 2018

i have referred back to the LOG, but i couldn't understand where is the error

----

2017-12-31 13:10:12,551 http-nio-8080-exec-6 ERROR      [c.a.j.web.servlet.InternalServerErrorServlet] {errorId=6d60591a-bd18-44b0-af27-136342861d9c, interpretedMsg=, cause=java.lang.StackOverflowError, stacktrace=java.lang.StackOverflowError
        at com.querydsl.sql.SQLSerializer.visit(SQLSerializer.java:849) [querydsl-sql-4.1.4.jar:?]
        at com.querydsl.sql.SQLSerializer.visit(SQLSerializer.java:43) [querydsl-sql-4.1.4.jar:?]
        at com.querydsl.core.types.PathImpl.accept(PathImpl.java:94) [querydsl-core-4.1.4.jar:?]
        at com.querydsl.core.support.SerializerBase.handle(SerializerBase.java:92) [querydsl-core-4.1.4.jar:?]
        at com.querydsl.core.support.SerializerBase.visitOperation(SerializerBase.java:270) [querydsl-core-4.1.4.jar:?]
        at com.querydsl.sql.SQLSerializer.visitOperation(SQLSerializer.java:1006) [querydsl-sql-4.1.4.jar:?]
        at com.querydsl.core.support.SerializerBase.visit(SerializerBase.java:231) [querydsl-core-4.1.4.jar:?]
        at com.querydsl.core.support.SerializerBase.visit(SerializerBase.java:31) [querydsl-core-4.1.4.jar:?]
        at com.querydsl.core.types.OperationImpl.accept(OperationImpl.java:83) [querydsl-core-4.1.4.jar:?]
        at com.querydsl.core.support.SerializerBase.handle(SerializerBase.java:92) [querydsl-core-4.1.4.jar:?]
        at com.querydsl.sql.SQLSerializer.serializeForQuery(SQLSerializer.java:356) [querydsl-sql-4.1.4.jar:?]
        at com.querydsl.sql.SQLTemplates.serialize(SQLTemplates.java:844) [querydsl-sql-4.1.4.jar:?]
        at com.querydsl.sql.SQLSerializer.serialize(SQLSerializer.java:221) [querydsl-sql-4.1.4.jar:?]
        at com.querydsl.sql.ProjectableSQLQuery.serialize(ProjectableSQLQuery.java:490) [querydsl-sql-4.1.4.jar:?]
        at com.querydsl.sql.AbstractSQLQuery.fetch(AbstractSQLQuery.java:429) [querydsl-sql-4.1.4.jar:?]
        at com.atlassian.servicedesk.plugins.approvals.internal.dao.ApprovalDaoImpl.getApprovalsByIssue(ApprovalDaoImpl.java:126) [?:?]
        at com.atlassian.servicedesk.plugins.approvals.internal.approval.ApprovalManagerImpl.lambda$getApprovalsByIssue$4(ApprovalManagerImpl.java:119) [?:?]
        at com.atlassian.pocketknife.internal.querydsl.DatabaseAccessorImpl.lambda$execute$0(DatabaseAccessorImpl.java:69) [?:?]
        at com.atlassian.sal.core.rdbms.DefaultTransactionalExecutor.executeInternal(DefaultTransactionalExecutor.java:86) [?:?]
        at com.atlassian.sal.core.rdbms.DefaultTransactionalExecutor.lambda$execute$0(DefaultTransactionalExecutor.java:42) [?:?]
        at com.atlassian.jira.database.DatabaseAccessorImpl.runInManagedTransaction(DatabaseAccessorImpl.java:125) [classes/:?]
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor264.invoke(Unknown Source) [?:?]
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) [?:1.8.0_102]
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) [?:1.8.0_102]
        at com.atlassian.plugin.util.ContextClassLoaderSettingInvocationHandler.invoke(ContextClassLoaderSettingInvocationHandler.java:26) [atlassian-plugins-core-4.5.0.jar:?]
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy246.runInManagedTransaction(Unknown Source) [?:?]
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor264.invoke(Unknown Source) [?:?]
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) [?:1.8.0_102]
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) [?:1.8.0_102]
        at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.bridge.external.HostComponentFactoryBean$DynamicServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(HostComponentFactoryBean.java:136) [?:?]
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy246.runInManagedTransaction(Unknown Source) [?:?]
        at com.atlassian.sal.jira.rdbms.JiraHostConnectionAccessor.runInStartedOrExistingTransaction(JiraHostConnectionAccessor.java:130) [?:?]

---

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2018

Ohh, that's not going to be nice.

A stack overflow error means Java ran out of memory space.  This is not a case of giving it more memory though, the error is most likely to be caused by recursion - code calling itself inside itself, and increasing memory just means it'll crash a little bit later.

I think this is one that needs to go to Atlassian support, as it's something in the Service Desk application causing the recursion to happen.  I'd ask https://support.atlassian.com/contact

Suggest an answer