Issue update webhook limit to only workflow transition

Umer Rajah October 31, 2017

Hey!

I have integrated jira rest api with my app and also added a webhook for issue updates. It was working fine for months but recently there are quit a large number of requests. I only want to get a ping from jira if an issue created by my app is done, but jira is sending me webhook for every task and every event related to jira issue update event.

Can anyone tell me how can I limit it to only to specific transition and to only issues that my app created?

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Domenico Manzo _Actonic_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2017

You can specify a JQL query to send only events triggered by matching issues.

So you just need to add some property (label, component or any other field) to mark issues, created by your application. And add it as JQL filter to webhook.

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2017
Waqas Nazir November 6, 2017

Thanks for the answer! but this is a GUI solution, we want to do it by using the API (we want it to be automated).

Is there a way to do it using the api?

Suggest an answer