Issue trying to branch through linked issues

Lucas Azevedo April 18, 2024

I'm writing an automation to create a new issue in a specific project if the trigger issue has a linked issue of a specific issuetype.

Right now, my challenge is getting the automation to enter the "For: Linked Issues" branch.

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 12.14.43.png

As can be seen in the picture above, I'm using a Log Action to debug the automation. When the automation is triggered, this is the result:

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 12.17.32.png

How is it possible that the Log Action is able to list the linked issues, but at the same time it won't enter the branch because there are no linked issues?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2024

Hi Lucas - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

That's really weird! If you are on the issue itself, can you see the linked issue? And can you click on it and see the details of it? (CONTRACT-114)

Yes to all.

More complete screenshot of the audit log, showing the trigger issue:

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 12.35.23.png

Trigger issue (OP-46):

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 12.41.30.png

Linked issue (CONTRACT-114):

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 12.43.48.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2024

Are both projects selected in the Rule Details? In other words is this a single project rule? Or global or multi-project rule? 

Like # people like this

That's it!

The rule scope included only the project where the trigger issue is. I had to also include in the scope the project where the linked issue is.

Thanks a lot!

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2024

Great! Glad it worked. 

0 votes
Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2024

Hi @Lucas Azevedo 

I was able to replicate the behavior...

Be specific with the link type instead of "All link types".. That worked and entered the branch.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events