Issue schema - More levels

Thore_Olsson March 30, 2023

We have a rather big project and been struggling with the Cloud Standar solution to solve our issue. 

1. Is it possible to solve this request in Cloud Standard?

2. If we upgrade to Premium will this be doable?

Background: Each story are delivered by doing back end, front end development and of course QA. We are working in a scrum board. We have used sub-task to divide the job but then we have a challenge when we doing planing that we do not get a quick over view of the workload per resource during our planning as the story points are on sub-task and those are not viewable on backlog view. You can only se if there is a sub-task and the issue number. 

The big challenge is that we are not able to deliver a story with the different capacity as they are rather big. e.g back end 5 SP, front end 3 SP and QA 5. We need to find a way to solve this and also get a good overview what has been done. 

My suggestion is group the stories and task in features and feature grouped in Epics.

Please give us advice. I have tried to create a new issue schema to add more issue types as you can see in the screen shots but I have not managed to create a new level.

What I can find out I this is the grouping in standar cloud solution

EPIC->Story/task->Sub-task

I would like to implement

EPIC->feature->Story/Task->Sub-task 

or maybe you have. a better suggestion to solve our challanges.

In the backlog view you can not see the other 2 resources who is part of the delivery of the functionality

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 13.13.01.pngScreenshot 2023-03-30 at 13.04.41.png

2 answers

1 vote
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2023

Hi @Thore_Olsson 

If you upgrade to Jira Premium, you will have access to Advanced Roadmaps, which allows you to create more hierarchy levels (as well as give you a bunch of other features). You'll need to weigh the additional cost against the added features.

Otherwise the suggestion from Nicolas is a good place to experiment to see if you have better visibility of your work.

Thore_Olsson March 30, 2023

Great news. Do you know if it is possible to get this in a trial version? I am consultant and working on a business case for a company who is hiring me to improve their lean/agile way of working . I need a number of screen shots or better a working environment where I can show the advantage by my proposed set up?

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2023

@Thore_Olsson Yes, you can activate a Jira Premium trial. The length appears to vary from 7 to 30+ days depending on whether you're a new or existing customer (read the Atlassian FAQ here)

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2023

Besides trying Advanced Roadmaps (suggested by another answerer), you should definitely check out the Structure app!

It is a wildly popular app that helps working with issue hierarchies with arbitrary depth. You can it free, of course.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events