Issue hiding under all projects

Priya Gopinath October 10, 2019

I have been trying to find out ways wherein I can make an issue invisible under a project when clicking on "Issues" under a project menu . I am not trying to restrict access to this issue from being viewable. Its just that I am trying to hide it from being shown. If this issue is part of Issue links linked by another issues , it should be viewable. I do not want to preclude its access . We have a few different issue types that we create that we do not want the users of the system to see and get confused. So hence trying to make them invisible but at the same time they need to be viewable for everyone. I tried applying issue security.This hides the issue totally making the issue not accessible to view at all. 

I was also working around on filters. But is there a way wherein I can apply a filter for all users of the system in general to use(enforce by default ) the filter when clicking on a project in jira so that only the interested issues are shown?

using Jira 7.12

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2019

Issue security is designed to allow you to make the issue visible to some users and not others. Your requirement of 'make them invisible but the at the same they need to be viewable' to the same users doesn't make sense. Issue security is most often used to allow the project team to see all issues so they can work them and Reporters can only see issues they entered. 

Priya Gopinath October 10, 2019

thanks I understand that on issue security. I am just wondering if there is a way to not list certain issues under a project for better readability sake for the users under the main  project menu. Its just like applying the jql filter

"issuetype=abc" so that we only list all abc issue types in the initial project screen.  Below is the screen that Iam talking about. When clicking on "Issues" under this project I would like to hide certain issues from display.  Issues that Iam trying to hide in this below project view screen should still be accessible if they are searched or linked as part of another issue

Capture.PNG

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2019

No, not out of the box. There may be a plugin

Suggest an answer