Issue filter not showing all issues (Kanban board classic)

Ai Rousseau March 3, 2021

Hi,

I have 3 teams working on one project and therefore I want to create three boards, one for each team. We are using components to differentiate which issue belongs to each groups. 

subgroup.jpg

In total I expect 23 issues to show up in the board with the filter below.

Filter.jpg

However when I look at the board there are only 4 issues that show up. It looks like those that are assigned to someone. Those unassigned are not showing up. How do I get all issues in these components to show up.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2021

Hi Ai - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Can you also share the board filter? 

Also, I would try one component at a time in the sub-filter and see what shows up each time. 

Hi John,

Thank you for the welcome!

I did as you suggested and tried one component at a time. Still the same issue where only issues that have an assignee show up. So the same 4 issues show up in total. 

Here is the board filter

full filter.jpg

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2021

And if you remove all of the values in the sub-filter, still only 4 issues show up?

Also, are all of the issues in the RWE project? Or are some in other projects and just have the component set? 

I did one component value at a time. The first one showed 2 issues, the second showed 0 issues and the third one show 2 issues, in total the 4 issues when I did all component as one query. The 4 issues that show up have an assignee to them and the other 19 issues with no assignees are not showing up on the board.

All issues are located in the RWE project and no other projects. 

Considering the project filter and the board sub-filter I don't know why only assigned tickets would show up in my board.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 3, 2021

If you run the board filter, I assume you see all 23 issues, correct? 

What are the statuses of the issues? And are those statuses mapped to a column on the board? 

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Ah that's the issue, they were in status backlog and not showing up in the board! Thanks for the help John!

Like John Funk likes this
Ben Daniel Koshy August 16, 2022

I'm having a similar problem. I have created a board to only show what a filter shows, and though the issue shows on the filter, it doesn't show up on the board. I have followed the steps in the above thread but it still hasn't resolved the issue 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2022

Hi Ben - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You should always create a new question for Community because more people will see the new question and your situation is often a little different at the least. 

What type of project are you using? Team-managed? Company-managed? Jira Work Management? 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2022

@Ben Daniel Koshy 

Welcome to the community.

Can you show us...:

1. The General tab of your board settings so we can see the filter, sub-filter, and Hide Issues options

2. The Columns tab of your board settings so we can see how statuses are mapped to columns

3. The details of an issue you expect to be on the board that is not showing on the board.

Also, do you have any Quick Filters activated when the issues are "missing"?

Like Katie_R likes this

team managed

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2022

@Ben Daniel Koshy 

Are you using the default board created for the Team Managed project or did you manually create another board to display a subset of issues for the Team Managed project?

If you are using a Team Managed project Kanban board then you don't have the option to specify a filter or sub-filter for the board. The "Hide Issues" option is also not configurable and is defaulted to hiding issues that have been done for 2 or more weeks.

Have you activated the Backlog feature?

Is there a way to privately send that information?

I'm able to specify the filter, and the hide issues option.

Found the sub filter, that was the issue.

Thanks!

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2022

Hello @Ben Daniel Koshy 

As @John Funk said, I recommend you start a new thread at this point.

No, there is not a method to share information privately in posts in this community.

We need to be able to see the requested information to diagnose the issue. You can blur or black out confidential information in the issue details like names and descriptions. If you can't share info like the Status values, Columns, and Filters, it will be very hard for us to help you diagnose the problem.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events