Issue field is not showing up in the notification email

Shashwini Nair April 26, 2023

Team, 

I had an automation set up for one of my projects to automatically send email notification to my project team. However, yesterday I had to update an existing custom field type from numbers to text. Now, my automation is not capturing the value of that particular custom field.

Here, "BC SMR Number" is the field I recently updated. And "1. Bin Location:" is one fields I have in the issues. But that's how I set up last time to display in the email location. 

But in the email, as you can see below: it's not including the "BC SMR Number" value there but it does that for the "1. Bin Location". Not sure what is causing the issue here. 

FYI, mine is a team-managed project and I don't have access to the custom_field 10XXX number. 

smr.jpg

smr 2.jpg

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

Hi Shashwini,

You would have had to create a new field for a Text type field, because you cannot simply change the type of a field. So you need to use the new field name that was created. 

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

Hello @Shashwini Nair 

You said:

"However, yesterday I had to update an existing custom field type from numbers to text."

Jira does not support changing the Type of a field. Exactly how did you accomplish that change?

You can use the method described in the below page to print out all the fields associated with a specific issue. This will show you the name and custom field ID for the fields, even for a Team Managed project.

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/find-the-smart-value-for-a-field/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events