Issue does not exist in browser console

Verzakov Alexander December 5, 2019

Hi colleagues.

Suddenly i found that browser console contain error  when i try use issue finder.

GET http://JIRA-ADDR/rest/api/2/issue/null/subtask/move?_=1575537007507 404

On this link i get response

{"errorMessages":["Issue Does Not Exist"],"errors":{}}

How i can define what issue call this error?  

There are no errors for web or data indexing in catalina.out. Integrity check said that all fine.

Thanks for advice.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2019

Hi Verzakov,

This is a rather unusual error to see.  The REST endpoint being referenced here is not a public endpoint

rest/api/2/issue/null/subtask

This is an internal endpoint.  But where the null value exists, this is actually expecting an issuekey or an issue id value be passed to this endpoint.  The fact that it seems to be using null likely explains the 'issue does not exist' error message.  But I'm not sure why you would be seeing this at all in the browser console.

I suspect this is just something to ignore, but I'd like to learn more about this problem and your environment here.  Can you please let me know what version of Jira Server this is?  As well as which browser you see this in?

When you say you're using the 'issue finder', are you using the quick search box at the top right of most Jira pages?  Or is this in the issue navigator search JIRAURL/issues/ ?  Or is this somewhere else within Jira?

Thanks

Andy

Verzakov Alexander December 18, 2019

Hi.

I am using Jira software 7.6.4

Error appears in chrome console when i call issuefinder. Issues - > seach for issues

I wrote a plugin that adds cascading custom field with a special js edit form. At least i can't add fully supported search form to it so i create scriptrunner script that copying field value to convetion jira cascding field that users use to find issues. After this manipulation I noticed the occurrence of this error in the browser console.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2019

Thanks for the additional info here.  The use of a plugin does help at least to let me know why I could not replicate this yet.  I was mistaken about this endpoint, it is not a private endpoint, but rather it looks like it is a public endpoint after all.  You can see more documentation about this endpoint in

GET /rest/api/2/issue/{issueIdOrKey}/subtask/move

This endpoint just seems to be used to determine if the subtask can be moved.  This move is not in regards to which parent issue this subtask belong to, but I believe it is the order in which it appears on the parent issue for all the subtasks.  

The parent endpoint GET /rest/api/2/issue/{issueIdOrKey}/subtask  just seems to return all the subtasks an issue has.  Perhaps this is being called anytime a search is happening anyways.

I'm sorry I'm not better versed in this particular section.  I can only presume that your plugin is making some kind of call/search that is triggering this REST GET to happen, but it seems to be failing to pass on a specific issuekey, and instead is just using null instead. 

When I try to make the same REST API call to a null value on the /move endpoint, I too get a 404 error here.

Suggest an answer