Issue Security Level Audits

Vin November 20, 2018

Hello team,

I have setup a issue level security in my project. The users from my team should be able to set the issue level security because they create the issues for other teams. But the other team members outside my team should not be able to change the issue level security. This is taken care by setting right permissions to right groups. 

We want to conduct regular audits to check if someone from my team have changed the issue level security by mistake. The data that gets shared via issues is confidential and hence wants to check that via audits and correct the issue security level.

Do you guys know if there are any methods to conduct such audits. Is there a query?

By the way, I use label that gets auto inserted in issue when the issue is created. This label will be unique to that team. Also, I have default issue level security configured. Let me know if we can use this label to check for incorrect assignment of issue level security after the issue is created or worked on. 

1 answer

0 votes
Raynard Rhodes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2018

You may be able to use

project = "Project Name" AND label = "label-name" AND level != "issue-security-level"

I'm not sure if this works but it should search whatever project for that label and security levels not whatever it should be. 

Vin November 20, 2018

Thanks for the response Raynard. The label and issue level does not have same names. 

I follow the below pattern.

Label: Team_Dept_Company_Region

Issue level: Team

But after looking at the query, I had an idea.

Before assigning the issue level security automatically, the value is saved in a separate field. So I am comparing the issue level field with this separate field. It solves my problem for now. but need to worry if the values are changed in both places. 

Suggest an answer