Issue Page> More Option showing "Create tickets" by default. how to change it?

I have this Project , has 10 issue type. After creating an issue, on View issue screen, Under More option > I have option of creating each issue type which makes the list long and un scrollable.

How to remove it I just want sub-task or default options under "More" option.

1 answer

0 vote

I am not sure I understand what you are seeing here.  When looking at the issue details page, by clicking the More menu, you typically should only have options like so:

moremenu1.png

But it sounds like you might have different options here.  If so, I am not sure I understand exactly how that customization might have been accomplished for Jira.   This certainly isn't something you can configure within the UI directly for Jira.

I did some research and it does seem there are some Developer guides as to how you might be able to add items to that menu, please see Atlassian Developer: View Issue Page Locations.  Perhaps if someone created a customization to one of these files in your Jira instance it might have allowed this menu to show a create option or each issue type.   However it isn't clear to me if that is what you are seeing or exactly how that would have been configured.

I do have the default nav for accessing the source code but I don't find in my server.

source-installation-directory>/jira-project/jira-components/jira-core/src/main/resources/system-issueoperations-plugin.xml

if I could do this then I can find the issue. I downloaded the source code but don't know how to proceed.

Not sure I understand.  The source code for Jira is not included in most installation processes.  The source simply is not necessary for most installs.  However it is possible that your Jira instance could have been built from the source code manually.

If you are looking to create a patch for Jira this is typically something you would have to do in order recompile the code changes.   Perhaps the page on Building Jira from source might help.

I know however we are using script runner as add ons and I checked script Fragment section in case I made changes ever before but looks like I didn't.

Source Code could give me idea of default view issue page settings( that's what I thought).

so how do I get the default options under More button? Or Is their a way I can hide them for particular project so users don't see anything else other than "Create Sub Task".

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 21, 2018 in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

1,200 views 10 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you