Issue Flagging just stopped working

Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2021

I have been using flags for a while in both automations and manually and have had no problem. I went on vacation and came back and it's not working any more. It's broken in a couple of different ways:

1. I get an error if I try to manually flag a ticket from the more (...) menu that says "We couldn't flag this issue. Check your connection and try adding the flag again." My connection isn't an issue. I can edit and update anything else on that ticket just fine. 
  2. My automation that sets Flagged to TRUE when I move a ticket into a specific status works but cards aren't getting colored yellow on the boards like they should be when they're flagged. I see the Flagged icon on the card though.

It's MADDENING! Anyone know why this is happening all of a sudden? I've checked my field config and it's enabled there. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2021

Hi @Kathy Barton 

I just tried this:

• manually with company-managed and team-managed projects and flagging worked;
  • tried it with my automation rules and those worked; and
  • checked the REST API, and the flagged and unflagged issues returned as expected.

I see nothing on the Atlassian status page for this symptom, so perhaps consider asking your site admin to submit a support ticket to see if they notice anything in their logs.

Kind regards,
Bill

Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2021

Thanks! I just found out this is broken site wide and we already have an open support ticket. 

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
0 votes
Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2021

FYI It turned out that a bad migration step created multiple contexts for the Flagged column that were conflicting with each other. We had to delete them all to get this problem to go away. 

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2021

Yikes!  I am glad to learn you figured it out and resolved it.

__Bill

Nathan Härdig November 29, 2021

We seem to have the same problem after migrating from server to cloud (I was not involved in the migration) but how can I find the steps that needs deleting? 

Iresh Rupasinghe December 30, 2021

I have a same issue @Kathy Barton  Could you please share how did you clean up?

Like # people like this
David Kroeders September 7, 2022

@Kathy Barton  Could you please share how to fix/clean up this issue

Suggest an answer