• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Issue Filter is not showing the Epic Name Edited

We have multiple epics under a project and we are not able to see or filter our Issues based on Epics they are tied to.  Why are the Epic Names not showing in the Issues Filter?

All of the issues are "Child issues" and showing on the Board and can be filtered by Epic name there, but in the issue filter, the column is just blank.  

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Jan 08, 2019

i'm guessing you are using a Next-gen project which does not support the Epic Name field yet. 

Yes it is Next Gen.  I guess we have to add a label to each issue so we can filter and sort.  Thanks

For those looking for how to show the epic name, the parent field can be used to show the assigned epic.

Like # people like this

Go to Columns option near Search button on filter screen section and then choose an Epic Link value from the list like on attached screen.

screen.jpg

thanks Michael -- it added another column, but still shows up as blank.  Assuming it is the issue with Next Gen,

Like John Scott likes this
Jack Community Leader Jan 08, 2019

yes it is because u r on NG.

Like # people like this

After adding the Column for 'EPIC LInk' on the Issue Search, the result just shows blank column. Is this a feature in the New Gen JIRA Project? Strange because it seems to have broken a simple and very important feature of being able to view the EPIC Link in the issue search. Is there a way to change a New Gen type of project to the older one?

Jack Community Leader Mar 12, 2019

@Harneet Singh , correct that is what this thread is saying. There is an article that explains how to change from NG to Classic but I don’t have it at my fingertips. You can search the community and find other threads that will point you to it. Basically it is a ‘simple’ matter of creating a Classic project and bulk moving issues.

Like John Scott likes this

Any ETA for this capability in the NG projects?

Like Chris likes this

I have the same doubt, any ETA?

Like Chris likes this
Jack Community Leader Apr 12, 2019

Just coming off Summit. There was plenty of talk and focus on NG so clearly NG is a major initiative for the company. With that said, there is no public commitment to this  AFAIK. I would highly recommend using the feedback link if you have not already done so.

Like Jean-Marc Fritsch likes this

In my project is not an option to go from NG to Classic (due to business decisions), thank you anyway.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

4,920 views 6 15
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you