Is there any way to create "Initiatives" in a Team-Managed project?

Ram Dafe August 14, 2021

Hello guys....

We in our project need to group Epics under "Intiatives".

I found that it was possible by creating an issue type as "Initiative" and using Advanced Roadmaps Hierarchy  Configuration. 

Unfortunately, Advanced Roadmaps do not work for a Team-Managed project. I hope JIRA provides this feature for a Team Managed project as well in the feature.

For now this there any way to accomplish this...

• Creating Initiatives would make our work easier to look epics grouped together.

Thanks!!

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2021

In a word - no. Note initiatives is available for CMP in premium edition. I assume you are on premium?

Ram Dafe August 16, 2021

Thanks @Jack Brickey 

Yes, I am on a Premium plan but a Team Managed Project!

Like Kyle Erickson likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2021

Initiatives is only available for CMP.

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2022

I am SO, SO, SO sick of Feature X only being available in Project Type N.

I just want features x, y and z. I pay for premium. I want custom hierarchies. I don't want sprints. I want a board. I don't want components. I want a roadmap. I don't want versions. On and on and on it goes.

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2022

i certainly understand where you are coming from Scott. when you compare CMP and TMP are there are similarities they are quite different implementations. However I think that is by design. Not saying that is good or bad. I think it has its place and some businesses but in other businesses simply leveraging one or the other is likely best.

Michael Liu April 21, 2022

Simply, I want to be able to have 3 levels of hierarchy. Sub-tasks don't count..

Like # people like this
Omar Chin-Keow July 20, 2022

@Scott If you find a system that does all of that please let me know.

I feel your pain.

Stephanie Rydell August 9, 2022

How do I vote for this feature for TMP?

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2022

@Omar Chin-Keow 

ClickUp and Notion come to mind.  Notion is especially good. I'm currently evaluating how we can possibly move from Jira/Confluence to Notion.

Michael Liu November 17, 2022

@Scott Beeson Notion doesn't have autoincrement at the moment right? I havent been able to figure out if and when that will be implemented.

Suggest an answer