Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Is there any way to create "Initiatives" in a Team-Managed project?

Hello guys....

We in our project need to group Epics under "Intiatives".

I found that it was possible by creating an issue type as "Initiative" and using Advanced Roadmaps Hierarchy  Configuration. 

Unfortunately, Advanced Roadmaps do not work for a Team-Managed project. I hope JIRA provides this feature for a Team Managed project as well in the feature.

For now this there any way to accomplish this...

• Creating Initiatives would make our work easier to look epics grouped together.

Thanks!!

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey Community Leader Aug 14, 2021

In a word - no. Note initiatives is available for CMP in premium edition. I assume you are on premium?

Thanks @Jack Brickey 

Yes, I am on a Premium plan but a Team Managed Project!

Jack Brickey Community Leader Aug 16, 2021

Initiatives is only available for CMP.

I am SO, SO, SO sick of Feature X only being available in Project Type N.

I just want features x, y and z. I pay for premium. I want custom hierarchies. I don't want sprints. I want a board. I don't want components. I want a roadmap. I don't want versions. On and on and on it goes.

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey Community Leader Jan 06, 2022

i certainly understand where you are coming from Scott. when you compare CMP and TMP are there are similarities they are quite different implementations. However I think that is by design. Not saying that is good or bad. I think it has its place and some businesses but in other businesses simply leveraging one or the other is likely best.

Simply, I want to be able to have 3 levels of hierarchy. Sub-tasks don't count..

Like # people like this

@Scott If you find a system that does all of that please let me know.

I feel your pain.

How do I vote for this feature for TMP?

@Omar Chin-Keow 

ClickUp and Notion come to mind.  Notion is especially good. I'm currently evaluating how we can possibly move from Jira/Confluence to Notion.

@Scott Beeson Notion doesn't have autoincrement at the moment right? I havent been able to figure out if and when that will be implemented.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events