Is there any way by which we can auto create confluence pages from Jira via some trigger?

Puneet Khandelwal July 7, 2021

Is there any way by which we can auto-create confluence pages from Jira via some trigger?

The intent is to automatically create a confluence page from Jira whenever any issue is created. The summary of the issue should be the title of the page and the description should be the body of the confleunce page body.

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2021

Hi @Puneet Khandelwal

Take a look at this question https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Create-Confluence-page-from-JIRA-addon/qaq-p/696693 which explains how to create a page using Confluence REST API. However since you are using the cloud version, I've located for you the specific section you need which is this -> https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence/rest/api-group-content/#api-api-content-get

Try the following POST method to a native automation rule which send a web request.

Hope that helps!
Alex

Puneet Khandelwal July 8, 2021

Do you have a postman collection for the basic APIs mentioned on the above page? It would be really time-saving for us.

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2021

Nope, sorry. Why do you need a postman collection? You'll run everything from you project.

1 vote
Armand Luziau_Elements_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 16, 2021

Hi,
I'm with Elements, and we just released a new app Elements Publish to Confluence that might meet your needs. The app allows you to create pages from Jira tickets.

2021-08-12 14_14_02-Start creating Confluence pages from Jira - Elements Apps.png

Check out this article that explains how to create Confluence pages linked to Jira issues with the app.

Popular use-cases include:

• Bug analysis
  • Post-mortems
  • Knowledge base articles
  • User story details

Let me know if you have any questions!
Armand :)

Puneet Khandelwal July 8, 2021

Any free plugin?

Agnieszka Cichocka July 12, 2021

Sorry, I don't know any

Suggest an answer