Is there any way I can add an additional page/view at the project level?

ksilverND December 17, 2020

I would like to add a custom data view within my Jira project.  The purpose of this would be to list delivered software versions in the field to track which versions are installed on different machines.  Manual update of the data is fine.  Alternatively is the "Release" area capable of being updated with this information and to display it is a collated fashion (list by tool ID).

A table would be fine and I did try the table grid plugin but it only seems to be able to add a grid within issues whereas I would like to do this at the project level without associating any given tickets.

Is this possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Leo Diaz _ DEISER
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2020

Hi @Kev 

I'm Leo from DEISER (Solution and Marketplace Partner)

Have you tried Profields? With Profields you can add data to Project Level:

Track, categorize and make decisions through different views. Create new properties to follow up on your project status, due dates, people involved and much more!.​

I hope it helps you!

Leo

Hi Leo,

Thank you very much for the quick reply on this.  I've downloaded the trial of ProFields.  It's very very close to doing what I would need.

Basically I will have a list of Machines with customers and for each of those machines I have a standard set of field values to list.

Using Profields I initially thought this would work fine if I treated each machine as a Container in a view.  I can use the sections to split out different customers and in each container I though I could have the information relevant to each given machine.

The snag I've hit though is that fields seem to be use once.  So once they exist in one container I can't use them again in another.  Is there any way around this limitation?  Essentially if I could copy/paste a common container structure and fill in the values all to appear on the same screen I would be happy.

Failing that is there another way of using profields you could suggest to achieve what I'm trying to do?

Thank you again

Kevin

Leo Diaz _ DEISER
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2020

Hi Kevin,

Happy to help you! 

At this time the only way to solve your needs will be as many customer and machine tracking fields as you need, as long as you can limit the number of customers and machines per project. Is it possible? Profields doesn't have any problem to manage 20, 30 or 40 fields....

Hope to help you!

Leo

Hi Leo,

I've checked with the trial just to confirm that multiple fields can have the same name and it looks like they can so I can probably work with this.  Definitely going to be a long setup though I'm probably looking at around 80 fields in total with probably future additions as we deliver more machines.   

Is there any way I can record a suggested/requested future feature to support easier copying/duplication in future?

Either way you have given me a solution to the immediate problem so thank you very much for that.

Kevin

Leo Diaz _ DEISER
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 18, 2020

Hi Kevin!

Yes! we love feedback and new ideas. You can report us a suggestion here, also you can vote other suggestions here.

I'm very glad to help you!

Leo

ksilverND December 18, 2020

I'll do that thank you,

Have a good day,

Kevin

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 17, 2020

My suggestion would depend on your exact requirements. 

• if the data can be illustrated by fields associated with issues then use a filter and maybe a Dashboard
  • if not use Confluence and incorporate Jira macros to augment the story

Hi Jack,

Thank you for the reply.  There isn't really any direct connection with issue fields in this case.  I'm investigating the plugin from the suggestion above and failing that I will look more at confluence.  Initially it looks like overkill for the specific feature I'm looking for but it may end up being necessary.

Really appreciate your quick response though thank you,

Kevin

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events