Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there any option in jira where we can find iterations of issue types?

Especially for issue types bugs, how can we know the open, reopen iterations of bugs in numbers?

3 answers

We use a field to store the number of times entering a status and added to the workflow a post function that increments that field.

0 votes
John Funk Community Leader Oct 04, 2019

Hi Pooja,

If I understand you correctly, you should be able to write a JQL that will show the issues that have had a status change (even for a particular time period). SOmething like:

issuetype = Bug AND Status changed TO "Reopen" DURING (2019-09-01, 2019-09-30)

If you don't want the time period, simply drop the part starting with DURING

I hope that helps!

How will it count the numbers?

for example,

a bug got reopened four times so I m expecting numbers of reopened iterations for that bug.

like,

Bug A= reopened iterations=4

something like that...

It's not going to be able to do that directly. You might try this: 

issuetype = Bug AND Status changed FROM Open TO "Reopen" DURING (2019-09-01, 2019-09-30)

and then run again for:

issuetype = Bug AND Status changed FROM Reopen TO "Open" DURING (2019-09-01, 2019-09-30)

Ok Thanks, i will try.

John Funk Community Leader Oct 04, 2019

You can also use a gadget on a dashboard to do a count for you for the rows returned from each filter. 

JQL returns a list of issues. It doesn't return a number based on conditions in the issue.

If you want to track "iterations" then make a custom field called "iterations" as a number field, and then add a post function in every transition that should increase the iterations to increment it by 1.

You will need a addon for that post function, as native jira doesnt have the ability to do a calculation to a field. 

Actually, finding a Addon to increment by 1 isn't as easy as it sounds. PowerScripts or Scriptrunner cold do it. There may be others.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

4,528 views 22 32
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you