Is there any free Gadget Dashboard to calculate Project Velocity please

Emna Elleuch September 23, 2022

I'm working on a new project Dashboard and would like to add a Gadget that calculates Velocity, is there any interesting free Gadget or plugins that I can use/add?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2022

Hi @Emna Elleuch - Unfortunately no.  There are two issues preventing this natively:

1. Native gadgets are based upon issue count
  2. There is no ability to build a trend by sprint

The only thing you can really do natively is create tasks for each of the boards you're trying to get velocity for.  In the description, provide a link to the velocity report and then use the filter results gadget to expose the description.  This will create a clickable link on your dashboard to each velocity report.  Admittedly, it's not the most elegant, but it's the best I've come up with in environments where I don't have the luxury of marketplace apps.

Otherwise, you'll want to look into something like the Agile Velocity Chart Gadget marketplace add-on.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215768/agile-velocity-chart-gadget?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Emna Elleuch September 23, 2022

Thanks @Mark Segall , i've tried your solution and I think it's a good idea. Now, Can we get the velocity Calculated in the Velocity Report? Something like a line/charts to show the calculated velocity?

Currently, it only shows Sprints, Commitment and completed Tasks.

Thanks again for your workaround 

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2022

To confirm... When you say, "calculate velocity", are you looking for something that provides a velocity forecast?  If this is the case, there are two other reports:

• Epic Burndown - This will give you an estimation of how many sprints are left for a given Epic based upon historic velocity.
  • Version Report - Many people think that releases are strictly for "releasing".  However, you can also look at them as milestones.  Set the FixVersion on all issues you're tracking and then after a sprint or two, you'll get a very powerful report that provides a burn-up, scope that was added after the release started and a bar that shows the pessimistic to optimistic range of when the issues in that release are set to complete.
Like Emna Elleuch likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events