Is there an attribute or entity similar to Fix Version that spans projects?

peggy.rattarree July 3, 2021

I would like to use something like Fix Version to track versions, however a fix version cannot span different projects.  I may have work to complete a version that needs to be done by multiple teams and within multiple projects.  What is the most appropriate JIRA attribute / element / entity to use?

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2021

You should add a custom field to do this.  Probably a simple single-select list.

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2021

Hi @peggy.rattarree 

Versions are project specific so as @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- mentioned you can use a custom field in that case.

Other possibilities include.

• Using an app like Version Sync for Jira.
  • Using Advanced Roadmaps with Jira premium.
  • Use automation rule to create version with same name and date in other projects.

Automation rules can be helpful although they are a bit limited because currently they can only create, release and unrelease the versions based on other events. I made a video showing exactly how to do this which might be helpful.

I hope it helps.

Ravi

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events