Is there an app that allows you to export issues to a PDF and also customize templates in-browser?

Kyle Hardin April 9, 2021

We're currently using Document Generation and Issue Export by BrizoIT, which doesn't have a data center version and is being retired soon.  I'm looking at a replacement app for exporting single issues to a PDF while also being able to customize the template and decide which fields should be included. 

I've found other apps that export a single issue to PDF (Midori's Better PDF Exporter for Jira is one) but everything I've looked at requires you to create your template outside of Jira and customize it with HTML code.  Document Generation provided a WYSIWYG editor where templates could be customized directly in the browser. 

Are there any other apps out there that provide this functionality? 

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2021

@Kyle Hardin 

All of the ones I have used you have to create the template externally and import them.  There are a several apps that provide this functionality but from a quick glance they all seem to require a template created external to the app and do not have a web editor.  You can take a look yourself https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=cloud&product=jira&query=PDF

Suggest an answer