Is there an API that would allow integration between Jira (Server) and Salesforce/ServiceMax

Gill Cook April 10, 2018

I have a requirement from users to link Cases within Salesforce to Jira. Does anyone know of a way that this could be achieved. Our Jira is on server and the Salesforce is obviously in the cloud, so I wondered if there was any API that could establish a connection in some way between the two?

2 answers

5 votes
Jose Lobo (Solutions Architect at Exalate)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2021

Hey @Gill Cook 
Were you able to find a solution?

We just released a new version of Exalate that allows you to integrate Salesforce with any of these products (Jira included).

Cases is one of the many entities that you can integrate with Jira tickets (task, bugs, stories, etc). 

Here is the guide that explains how to do it:

Let me know if this helps,

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2018

There are REST APIs, hooks for code and url pokes, and so-on that you could use to build "integration" between them.

But I would

1.  Define what you want from "integration"

2.  Avoid re-inventing another wheel and have a look through https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=salesforce

Gill Cook April 11, 2018

Thanks for the link - we can check these out.

Suggest an answer