Is there an API resource which returns all the issues removed during the sprint?

Peter V January 4, 2021

Hello. I am working on display sprint's "Commitment Reliability" KPI in a proprietary piece of software. The data needed is: points delivered and points committed. There is API endpoint in JIRA Software REST API designed to return all issues in a sprint e.g.: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/software/rest/api-group-sprint/#api-agile-1-0-sprint-sprintid-issue-get

But, that only returns the issues which are currently still assigned to the sprint. To calculate what I want, I also need to know which issues have been removed from that sprint but I am having hard time to find out which endpoint returns that. Is there an API resource which returns all the issues removed during the sprint?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2021

Another approach would be to get a list of all the stories at the start of the sprint, store that information, then get the same list at the end of the sprint and compare the two. Not only would that show which stories were removed, it would also show which ones were added.

Peter V January 22, 2021

Thanks David!

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2021

Hi @Peter V

I have puzzled together something for you (by combining a few former Community posts) but beg my pardon it is not tested - in case you want to give it a try, please feel free to do so.

You could try to access:
https::/NameOfYourSite.atlassian.net/rest/greenhopper/latest/rapid/charts/sprintreport?rapidViewId=1&sprintId=1

Please replace rapidViewId=1 and sprintId=1 with valid values.

The output you should be on the look out for is: puntedIssues

This is far away from a guarantee for a working solution. The last info that this could be a solution is from mid 2015.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 4, 2021

Hi @Peter V  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I do not believe is possible from the API without checking the individual issues to see the logs, and at different points within the sprint timeframe.  A work-around would be to add a custom field which gets appended with the current sprint when it starts (using automation) and then perform the comparison once the sprint closes to see what remains in scope.

However, I am puzzled about that measure you note being a KPI.  It seems more like a diagnostic to me: a measure to monitor and resolve a specific problem (sprint backlog churn) for a period of time, and once resolved it is no longer measured.

Best regards,

Bill

Peter V January 22, 2021

Thanks Bill!

Suggest an answer