Is there a way to show a Story's child sub-tasks time estimates in the list of child sub tasks?

Chris Drumgoole March 21, 2022

IN my Team Managed project, when I used Story points, the child sub-task' SP value was shown in the list. (this is the same with an Epic's Stories)

Snag_1a4a6a44.png

I have since switched to Time Estimates, and now the "original estimate" field value is not shown. 

Snag_1a475718.png

This is a little annoying since we cannot quickly set time estimates when looking at all child sub-tasks (or Stories, in the case of Epics) holistically.

thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2022

Hi @Chris Drumgoole 

It's not an option at present. It used to be possible to modify the data available on the Sub-task summary - but it doesn't work in the newer issue view in either Project type.

I would suggesting you view/vote for this feature - JRACLOUD-70206 - and mention your use case.

Or, if you feel this is a different feature request, you can request it from the main page :)

Ste

Chris Drumgoole March 24, 2022

ok thanks!

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2022

No worries :)

If this answered your question, could you press "Accept Answer" above my original post?

This helps other users who find this question know this resolves it.

Ste

0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 23, 2022

Hi @Chris Drumgoole 

If you would be interested in a marketplace app to get the Epic hierarchy on your issue screen, you can try out our add-on

Agile Tools - Epic Tree, Links Tree and Time in Status 

Key features :

• Progress % on "remaining estimate" or "original estimates"
  • Edit Issue summary, time estimates, story points and assignee on the tree with real time updates in the progress
  • Rolled up percentage completion at all levels

Epic Hierarchy_Issue Screen_Cloud_Latest.PNG

Suggest an answer