Is there a way to set automation where a notification is sent to me when a sprint is changed?

Maggie Trychel [X] March 23, 2023

I'd like to be notified when an issue/story moves from one sprint to another - not sure if this is possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2023

Yes, it is possible. You would trigger the automation on field value changed and then use the send email component to send the notification.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2023

Hi @Maggie Trychel [X] 

Adding to Mikael's answer...When do you want to know this information?  For example:

1. when something is added to an in-progress sprint
  2. when something is removed from an in-progress sprint
  3. when something is added to a future sprint
  4. when something is removed from a future sprint

If you want all of the above, try what Mikael suggests.  If you want something more specific you would need more conditions in an automation rule.

Kind regards,
Bill

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this
Maggie Trychel [X] March 24, 2023

I think I'll start with it on for all. Is there a way to add in the values that it changed FROM and TO? 

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2023

Yes, and...it appears the defect with the changelog for sprints is addressed, so here are a couple of examples, for a rule triggered on a change to the sprint field:

before: {{#changelog.sprint}}{{fromString}}{{/}}

after: {{#changelog.sprint}}{{toString}}{{/}}

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this
Maggie Trychel [X] March 27, 2023

Thank you both - I'll try that out!

On a similar but semi unrelated note, is there a way to set up an automation email notification flag when an issue/story is a certain status (ex Done) and then moves to any other status?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2023

Yes.

Use the Issue Transitioned trigger. You can specify the From Statuses and To Statuses, then add an action to send an email.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events