Is there a way to query or pull information from a Jira ticekt.

Tory Dennis March 29, 2023

I would like to know if there is a way to get information from Jira tickets and append it to a on-going list?

I looked through some of the documentation but im not sure what i would need or if there is an application i can use.

The only options i found so far is to either export the ticket as a XML or Word.

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2023

Hi @Tory Dennis -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What problem are you trying to solve by doing this?  How would the team(s) behave differently if you had that information right now?

Knowing these things may help provide some context so the community can offer suggestions.  Thanks!

Kind regards,
Bill

Tory Dennis April 3, 2023

@Bill Sheboytrying to get a list of all my latest software release in one place instead of having to go back through previous tickets and or emails to determine if that package release would have affected multiple servers.

For an example if i had 30 packages released and for someone reason there is an issue that is affecting multiple servers, i would have to go back through all of my releases to determine which package would have affected those servers. So instead of looking through emails and notifications sent my jira i would have a file that contains every  package name or ticket number from jira.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2023

Thanks, Tory.

Is there a JQL statement you can write that can return what you need?

If not, you could investigate either creating an automation rule, or using a webhook on specific changes, and build another application which adds to your information store.

Tory Dennis April 4, 2023

@Bill Sheboy  Thank you ill look into creating a automation rule.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events